It was about halfway into our conversation when I realized that my face hurt from smiling. I must have been smiling the entire time we were talking. I can't remember the last time my face hurt from smiling.
It was an unexpected visit, an amazing surprise just a few days before my birthday. I received the text from Kimberly around 5:30 saying that she and her boyfriend Derek were in the neighboring town. A few texts later we planned to meet at Starbuck's around 9.
I beat them to Starbuck's and when Derek and Kimberly walked in, and I couldn't hide how much it meant to me that they were here. A few minutes into the conversation and I knew that they also knew how much it meant to me that they came to visit.
The beautiful part about it is that we didn't do anything abstract or necessarily special. We just talked, laughed and learned more about each other. It was amazingly normal without pressure or expectation. I was genuinely who I am as were they. It was refreshing.
It was a true picture of how relationships should be in my opinion. Three friends sitting around telling stories about their lives and laughing. There should always be laughing.
They left about an hour after they arrived, and I went home feeling refreshed and myself again. I feel so thankful that God would bless me with their friendship. I just can't wait until I see them again. My face hurts from smiling just thinking about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment