In my summer of travels, this was the first plane trip. It was great to be able to take one of my favorite people, Hannah, on this trip. I loved that we finally got to travel together. We have wanted to do one of these promotional trips together for as long as we have known each other. (We did travel to Ecuador together, but that didn't count, I don't know why).We got to Utah, found our rental car, and headed on our way. (We had a sweet white pontiac grand am). We found the hotel and went exploring to find the main office. Now, that was much more difficult than it seemed. We couldn't find the right door to enter into, and then the convention center was so huge we were walking in circles. It is after lunch time at this point, and we are hungry, but we find the room and check in.
We decide to do lunch at this point and wander over to the Olive Garden. We had a delightful lunch and then went back to the hotel for a little bit of rest before the evening session with Francis.
We got to the session and found Timmy, Hannah's boyfriend's brother, and were able to sit with his youth group. I was surprised by how organized the conference was, all the groups had assigned seating with the exact amount of seats assigned to them in certain areas of the convention hall.
The convention was great, it was so good hearing Francis speak, and we even went to a couple of other sessions which were equally good. I love how God uses each of these conferences in my life. I am overwhelmed and blessed that I get to attend these conferences.
The time at the booth was great. We were next to the other EBC...Emmaus Bible College. It was so fun to hear what they are doing and to get to know Israel and Reagan. We all decided that everyone should come to EBC. (We just didn't say which EBC we were talking about). As far as my EBC is concerned, it was a great conference. We loved being ther and had a great response far surpassing what I thought it would be.
Hannah and I also got to see some great sights in Salt Lake City and the surrounding areas. A highlight was going to the Mormon Temple to get a tour and to understand more about mormonism. It was so interesting and informative. We both agreed it was one of the best things that we did when we were in Utah.
The last day, Hannah and I drove up into the mountains to a place that was recommended to us. It was called Ruby's Diner, and it had the best breakfast ever!! We got to sit outside on a beautiful patio and eat a delicious meal, then we drove to Park City to go to the Olympic Park. We got to see people training for the winter olympics. They would go down these big jumps in snow skis do flips in the air, and then land in a giant pool. It was awesome. We also decided to go on a 1/4 mile luge, called the Quicksilver Alpine Slide. It was a really fun ride! We left there and went into the heart of Park City for awhile, and then left to get back to the airport and fly back to California. It was a great trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment