Friday, April 25, 2008

April 25, 2008

April 25th was one of the best days ever. I wanted to write about it so that I could document everything that happened that day so that I can remember all of it.

The day started out as any other day. I went to work. I had recently been trying to be funny so that my mood would follow and it would become a happy mood. Anyway, that morning Joshua, Kristen, Mark and I had an amazingly fun conversation that ended in at least one inside joke..."En Fuego." None of us will ever see those two spanish words the same.

I got a call to go to lunch with Geoff, Stacy, and Bella...they were in town for a wedding. I met the Leatherman's, Trent, Danny, and Wes at Chipotle. It was great food with great people. It just seemed normal to be with all of them. Bella is getting bigger and growing cuter and cuter by the day.

As I was walking to my car I realized...TODAY IS MY THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY AT EBC!!!! I couldn't believe that I had forgotten all day. That made me so happy that I had such a great morning and I knew that I was in store for much more excitement as the day went on.
In the afternoon I went grocery shopping for the Student Life Event that Mark and I had planned. After shopping I went straight to Joshua's house to set up. It was neat to know while I was there that I could use anything that I wanted, and feel a bit "at home" even though I was at my bosses house. I was able to get everything ready a whole 15 minutes before everyone showed up. This means that I just sat there for 15 minutes...that does not happen in Student Life Event preparation.

So the BBQ started as planned, at around 5:30pm Kristen showed up to Joshua's house. She was carrying a bouquet of flowers. I thought to myself, "She brought a centerpiece." She walked over to me and handed me the flowers. "They were delivered for you" she said. I didn't know who could have sent me the flowers but there they were, as beautiful as can be. I looked at the card, and it contained a sweet message from Heather, one of the girls in my Bible Study.

Beautiful Flowers from Heather C.
The BBQ came to a close and we left for our first ever EBC Mini Golf Tournament. We went to Mountasia in Santa Clarita. Around 20 students played in the Tournament. It was really great.

A Group Picture of the Students

My team consisted of Mark and Laura B and Andrew J. and I. Games are always more fun when you play them with Laura.

Laura and I

Mark and Andrew
It was a blast. We had a fun time and got to follow Kelsey, Sam, Karianne, Andrew, and Josh. The tournament ended with Andrew winning for our team and Malone winning overall.

Overall, it was just a fun, funny, and tremendously needed perfect day.

No comments: