Friday, May 13, 2011

I'll be found in You

when the world has fallen out from under me I'll be found in you, still standing When the sky rolls up and the mountains fall on their knees when time and space are through I'll be found in you

Those are lyrics from Shadowfeet a song by Brooke Fraser. Lately my world has kind of changed a lot and although it is great and I am excited about where God has me, it is so challenging and hard. I feel like my worldview has been rocked to the core and so much that I have believed about myself for years is having to change quickly.

It is the best possible thing that God has done for me recently. He is calling me to live as He sees me not as how I see myself. Honestly, it has been stressful and overwhelming. Each day I am working through another insecurity, fear, or lie that I have believed for so many years. I feel that this is one of the side effects of being single for so long. I didn't have anyone to tell me that I was believing lies because mostly I didn't tell people the extent of the lies that I have believed.

This morning I was reminded of this song. I think I have listened to it 10 times so far this morning. I needed the reminder that no matter how much my worldview is being rocked, I can still be found in God. He is bigger than my worldview, He is bigger than my insecurities or fears. The song goes on to say, "You make all things new." That is what He is doing in me right now, He is making me new. I just need to remember to be found in Christ alone. Through Him I can stand on a firm foundation, not on the foundation that is being rocked, but one that is firm and solid. This brings me peace. God is changing me but He is with me in the changes. He is allowing me to still be standing. He is loving me right now, and I need to rest in His love.

No comments: