Tuesday, May 17, 2011

When do I do my laundry?

So approximately 11 days ago I got a boyfriend. Life has changed so much since that point. There have been amazing changes but I am now beginning to see some problems in my coupledom. Here are three that I have found so far.

1. I don't know when to do laundry. For some reason, I can't figure this one out. I remember that before I was a couple I used to do it on Saturdays or Sundays. Since I have been a couple I have been with him for most of the day Saturday and Sunday, usually at his house. I WILL NOT ever do laundry at a boy's house. That only leaves me with weekdays. However, I am with him during work, during lunch and most of the time after work. I get home late and have no desire to do laundry. So, when do I do it?

2. My busy schedule just got doubled. Turns out my boyfriend is very busy as well. We are now meshing our two schedules into one and that leaves us leaving certain events early and arriving at certain events late. We are now trying to function with one calendar. It is challenging to say the least, but in the 11 days so far we have made it work.

3. Similar to the laundry problem, I am not sure when to grocery shop anymore. I used to go at lunch time or after work. I used to plan it out and go to different stores. I was a machine. I now can't figure out when I should go. This has resulted in me eating out a lot because I don't actually have food in my own house.

So the boyfriend and I talked about my need to do laundry (I brought it up, don't worry I wasn't smelly yet). We figured out a time that would work out for me to do it at my home when he was over. So, last night I did laundry...now I just need to figure out when I can put it all away.

No comments: